Monday 11 November 2013

Editing Sesh

Okay, I've heard writer's can get into editing loops, at first I thought I was in that same loop. But, I hadn't realized just how long it had been since I had last read Madeline from a critical POV. While submitting the first three chapters to everyone is exciting, within that three month period you seem to drift from the novel. And while those words that seemed familiar pop back up on screen, you're mind just finds ways to improve. One way I find it easier to edit and give more to your book rather than taking away is to read books. You'd be amazed by how much description is added during a character simply walking into an unfamiliar room. Every sense is involved, and if you write in the first person, personal thoughts and feelings regarding that room are evolved into a big experience for a tiny detail in the novel. It's the little things that count.

No comments:

Post a Comment